Happy Business Starts Here

Subscription Values displaying multiple times in invoice template when using Custom Field

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Subscription Values displaying multiple times in invoice template when using Custom Field

Issue:

I'm trying to add a custom field (VMW PriceList) from the Subscription region field to the Invoice template via a merge field. The field is showing up on the invoice, but it is showing up multiple times (multiple lines on the subscription field are showing up with the same data)Invoice Template 1.jpg

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Subscription Values displaying multiple times in invoice template when using Custom Field

Root Cause:

As per Zuora design, if a subscription has two products added to it, subscription records will be displayed twice. i.e. Each line item for each product under one subscription.

Workaround:

We need to use filter condition to display the subscription number only once, even with two-line items.

Filter Condition:

«TableStart: Subscription»

{ MERGEFIELD "TableFilter:ViewBy Subscription" * MERGEFORMAT }

«Subscription.SubscriptionNumber»

«Subscription.VMWPriceList__c»

«TableEnd: Subscription»

Invoice Template 2.jpg

By using the above filter condition, the records will get merged together by Subscription Number and display one subscription and the corresponding Custom Field Value.

Result:

Invoice Template 3.jpg

Please refer to the below knowledge center for more details:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/IA_Invoices/Creating_a_Custom_Invoice_Template/FD_Confi...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √