Happy Business Starts Here

Refunds Question

Highlighted

Refunds Question

Hello, I have a customer who says he has not received his refund but on our end, the refund reflects as processed. Its been almost a week. Is there a way to see the status of a refund? To see if it's reached the customer's account? How long should a refund take?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Refunds Question

Is the refund an electronic refund for a credit card or an ACH payment?  If so, you might want to reach out to your credit card processor ask about the status of the refund.  there should be a reference id on the refund that you can provide the processor to help them locate the right transaction.  Generally i'd say it could take up to a week, but it will vary by merchant.

We use FIS/Worldpay/Vantiv (many name changes) as our processor so that is who i would reach out to for a refund status.

If the refund is an external refund for a check, then it would be up to your internal process to write the customer a check for the refund amount and send that to the customer.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru

Is the refund an electronic refund for a credit card or an ACH payment?  If so, you might want to reach out to your credit card processor ask about the status of the refund.  there should be a reference id on the refund that you can provide the processor to help them locate the right transaction.  Generally i'd say it could take up to a week, but it will vary by merchant.

We use FIS/Worldpay/Vantiv (many name changes) as our processor so that is who i would reach out to for a refund status.

If the refund is an external refund for a check, then it would be up to your internal process to write the customer a check for the refund amount and send that to the customer.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

EXTREMELY HELPFUL THANK YOU!

Highlighted
Guru

Glad to help!  If you want to mark my response as the Solution, it'll help others who find this post in the future.