Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Payment Collection Strategies

Question: What are some ways that we can increase the success rate of our payment collections?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Payment Collection Strategies

Answer: In working with my customers, I've been seeing this question pop-up quite a bit so I wanted to share a few ways to help increase the rates of payment collections.

Payment Method Updater (aka Account Updater) - One way that you can help increase payment collection would be to find a way to work around expired credit cards. Zuora works with several gateways who offer account updater services that would essentially go through the batch of cards that are expired and update that card information within Zuora to have the most recent information. It's something that you can set-up and then let it run without too much intervention on your side. Though many gateways may offer similar services, Zuora's direct integration works with the following:

• Cybersource (will work with any gateway) - MC and Visa
  • American Express (will work with any gateway) - AMEX
  • Vantiv (requires Vantiv as your gateway) - MC and Visa
  • Worldpay High Capacity Gateway Updater (requires Worldpay as your gateway) - MC and Visa
  • Chase Orbital (requires Chase as your gateway) - MC and Visa

You'll need to work with your gateway to get the proper account authorizations to use this feature, but once you have that, the set-up in Zuora is fairly straightforward.

More information can be found here:

Notifications - Setting up a notification to email customers before their cards are due to expire, as well as when their card has expired can be one way to manage this particular issue as well. The associated event type is "Payment Method Expiration."

More information can be found here:

Advanced Payment Retry - Zuora Connect has an app called Advanced Payment Retry which will let you set up more specific actions in regards to your payment collections such as taking different actions based on a gateway response code or trying a different card on file if the default method fails. The goal of this tool is to further maximize your ability to collect via your payment gateway while still providing the flexibility customers need in this process. If you're interested in learning more, talk to your Customer Success Manager for more information.

Here's more information about the app:

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √