Question or Problem Statement:
When canceling a subscription with a one-time charge, that charge is not automatically credited back the same way a recurring charge is.
If you want are offering subscriptions that offer both a one-time charge and a recurring charge, by default, the application does NOT create a credit for the one-time charge if that subscription is canceled. If you would like the one-time charge to be credited automatically at the time of cancelation, there is a rule you can set to adopt that functionality.
You can navigate to Settings---ZBilling Settings---Define Billing Rules. The first rule is "Enable credit back for removing or canceling one time charges?". You can edit the rule to change it from No to Yes. This rule is a system-wide setting. You would not want to use this setting if you want to be selective on which one-time charges you credit back and which ones you don't.
Re: One-Time charge not crediting when subscription canceled
I hope that will help someone:
This description is correct. In order to credit back One-Time Charge, it is necessary to change the above setting to "Yes".
In addition, we need to be aware of how to select the date to Remove or Cancel.
We must do Remove One-Time Charge or Cancel Subscription by selecting the date on (or earlier) which One-Time Charge is enabled.
If we do Remove Charge or Cancel Subscription after the date on which One-Time Charge is enabled, then One-time Charge's credit back will not occur.
- The date on which One-Time Charge became enable is 2018/01/15.
- If we remove this Charge with 2018/01/15 (or earlier date), credit back will occur.
- On the other hand, if we remove this Charge with 2018/01/16 (or later date), credit back will not occur.
(The same is true when we choose the date of Cancel Date of Subscription)
Well, I will tell you a little special case.
In the case of the following scenario we need to think carefully:
- My customer started Subscription on 2018/01/01. A basic Charge of 1,000 yen is generated monthly (ChargeType = Recurring).
- I issued and posted an Invoice to the customer to charge a fee of 2018/01.
- Since I agreed with the customer, I issued and posted an Invoice to charge 3,000 yen as Initial Fee to 2018/01/15 (that is, ChargeType = One-Time's Charge was added to Subscripiton).
- However, after that, the customer offered to Cancel Subscription at the time of 2018/02/01. I will not credit back the basic monthly fee, but Initial Fee will be credit back.
- In this case, we can not select Cancel Date as 2018/02/01. Because Initial Fee's credit back does not occur.
- So, In this case, first remove Initial Fee as of 2018/01/15. After that, we do Cancel Subscription as Cancel Date to 2018/02/01.