Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Need Custom field of Product Rate Plan Charge object in Invoice template

Zuora Support

Need Custom field of Product Rate Plan Charge object in Invoice template

Problem:

Is it possible to add a custom field from the Product Rate Plan Charge level onto the Invoice template?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Need Custom field of Product Rate Plan Charge object in Invoice template

Root Cause:

As per current Zuora design, We do not expose custom fields from the Product Rate Plan Charge object in the invoice template. Moreover, Invoices generated picks the value from Subscription rate plan charge object and not the product rate plan charge.

Please refer to the knowledge center article Display Custom Fields on the Invoice to confirm the Custom Fields that we could display on invoice templates.

Solution:

As a workaround, we can create custom fields in Subscription rate plan charge object and add values to that field while creating/editing a subscription. We need to use a "GroupBy" filter in invoice template so that the custom field can be displayed on Invoice.

Steps:

1. Create a custom field in Subscription rate plan charge object and enter the value for that field under product & charges while creating/editing the subscription.
  2. Use the same field API name in invoice template.
  • {MERGEFIELD "TableFilter:GroupBy CustomFieldAPIName__c " * MERGEFORMAT}
  • {MERGEFIELD InvoiceItem. CustomFieldAPIName__c * MERGEFORMAT }

PRPC Custom Field.jpg

The TableFilter feature is necessary along with Groupby feature to populate custom fields from Rate Plan Charge objects on the invoice template.

Please refer to the knowledge center article Summarize Invoice Items to check how to use GroupBy filter feature.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √