Happy Business Starts Here

Invoice PDF is generated even though the Backend Setting "Do not generate Invoice PDF” is enabled.

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Invoice PDF is generated even though the Backend Setting "Do not generate Invoice PDF” is enabled.

Question:

We have the backend setting "Don't Generate PDF Files When Invoices Are Created or Changed” enabled for our tenant, still invoice PDF is generated every time invoice is created or posted.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Invoice PDF is generated even though the Backend Setting "Do not generate Invoice PDF” is e

There are few exceptions under which the tenant will NOT consider the backend setting "Don't Generate PDF Files When Invoices Are Created or Changed” and will generate the Invoice PDF.

If any of the below condition is TRUE, invoice PDF will be generated when the Invoice is POSTED.
1. Invoice is a split invoice
2. Invoice The Subscription Separately is set to YES.
3. The tenant has backend T9 feature "sequential Invoice Number” enabled

You can control the setting "Invoice The Subscription Separately” on the subscription level and set it to NO and the invoice PDF will not generate for that subscription anymore.

You can completely disable the "Invoice The Subscription Separately” option tenant wide by navigating to Billing Settings -> Define Default Subscription Settings and there is a rule.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 4.06.26 PM.png

If we set it to NO, we will not even get an option on the subscriptions to select for "Invoice The Subscription Separately”.

But if there is a special scenario discussed below.
1. The Subscription rule in Billing Settings Enable Subscriptions to be Invoiced Separately? Is set to YES
2. Subscription "Invoice The Subscription Separately” is set to YES.
3. We changed the Subscription rule in Billing Settings Enable Subscriptions to be Invoiced Separately? To NO
4. The option "Invoice The Subscription Separately” on the subscription will be greyed out but its last value which was YES will be preserved.
4. Invoice PDF will be generated every time a invoice is posted for the above subscription.

If you want to disable this option tenant wide and update all the existing subscriptions for "Invoice The Subscription Separately” : NO, refer the below steps.

You need to perform below 2 steps.
1. To find out all the subscriptions which have Invoice the Subscription Separately: YES.
2. Update those subscription to 

For Step1, you can use Reporting -> Data Sources

• Select "Subscription" Data Source
  • Select ID, Invoice Separate, Name from the fields
  • Put filter as Subscription.IsInvoiceSeparate = 'true' and Subscription.Status != 'Expired'
  • Click on "Export". The CSV with the list of the subscriptions will download.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 4.00.51 PM.png

For Step2, you can use the Update Subscription API

• Open the CSV you downloaded in Step1
  • Pick in the subscription ID/Name
  • Run the API as below

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 4.03.07 PM.png

The above two steps help in updating all the current version of the subscriptions to invoice separately as NO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Invoice PDF is generated even though the Backend Setting "Do not generate Invoice PDF” is e

There are few exceptions under which the tenant will NOT consider the backend setting "Don't Generate PDF Files When Invoices Are Created or Changed” and will generate the Invoice PDF.

If any of the below condition is TRUE, invoice PDF will be generated when the Invoice is POSTED.
1. Invoice is a split invoice
2. Invoice The Subscription Separately is set to YES.
3. The tenant has backend T9 feature "sequential Invoice Number” enabled

You can control the setting "Invoice The Subscription Separately” on the subscription level and set it to NO and the invoice PDF will not generate for that subscription anymore.

You can completely disable the "Invoice The Subscription Separately” option tenant wide by navigating to Billing Settings -> Define Default Subscription Settings and there is a rule.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 4.06.26 PM.png

If we set it to NO, we will not even get an option on the subscriptions to select for "Invoice The Subscription Separately”.

But if there is a special scenario discussed below.
1. The Subscription rule in Billing Settings Enable Subscriptions to be Invoiced Separately? Is set to YES
2. Subscription "Invoice The Subscription Separately” is set to YES.
3. We changed the Subscription rule in Billing Settings Enable Subscriptions to be Invoiced Separately? To NO
4. The option "Invoice The Subscription Separately” on the subscription will be greyed out but its last value which was YES will be preserved.
4. Invoice PDF will be generated every time a invoice is posted for the above subscription.

If you want to disable this option tenant wide and update all the existing subscriptions for "Invoice The Subscription Separately” : NO, refer the below steps.

You need to perform below 2 steps.
1. To find out all the subscriptions which have Invoice the Subscription Separately: YES.
2. Update those subscription to 

For Step1, you can use Reporting -> Data Sources

• Select "Subscription" Data Source
  • Select ID, Invoice Separate, Name from the fields
  • Put filter as Subscription.IsInvoiceSeparate = 'true' and Subscription.Status != 'Expired'
  • Click on "Export". The CSV with the list of the subscriptions will download.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 4.00.51 PM.png

For Step2, you can use the Update Subscription API

• Open the CSV you downloaded in Step1
  • Pick in the subscription ID/Name
  • Run the API as below

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 4.03.07 PM.png

The above two steps help in updating all the current version of the subscriptions to invoice separately as NO.

View solution in original post