Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support Moderator

How to apply a one-time credit

Question: How can I apply a one-time credit to a customer and have it show up as a separate line item on the invoice?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: How to apply a one-time credit

Answer:

To apply a one-time credit and have it show up as a separate line item, you will need to tie it to a subscription.
Our recommended practice would be to use a one-time product and then add it to the subscription so the charge shows up.

Step 1:

• Create a one-time charge product if you do not already have one.
  • If you have a product that fits this need already, then please do the next step

Step 2:

• In the subscription, create an amendment for "New Product"
  • Add this new one-time charge product on with the correct value of the charge (example: -$150)
  • Set the contract effective date to today (to make it eligible to be invoiced)
  • On your next bill run, you should see this invoice line for the one-time credit.

Here is an example of what it may look like on an invoice record:

onetimecreditback.PNG

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

If I add a one time credit by adding a one time charge, the subscription will always have this one time charge product accosiated with it. After some time, if i need to do this on a few more occasions, the subscription will have a lot of products and become very messy. Is there any way of adding a one time credit without adding a new product?

Tags (2)
Zuora Staff

At this time this is the only way to add the one time charge. We are working on releasing the credit and debit memos soon so once this releases, you will be able to use this new feature. 

Please watch for our new releases for the month coming soon! Announcements> Release notifications