Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Tutor

How do I get response information from a payment gateway using hosted pages?

We post our credit card transaction to Zuora using Hosted Pages 2.0 with CyberSource as our Payment Gateway.  We have the Decision Manager product setup within CyberSource(CS) and CS is receiving the data correctly and processing transactions like it should.  Per your documentation, Zuora uses CS SimpleOrderAPI to create the transactions within Cybersource.  With the SimpleOrderAPI CS responds with information on every request.  We need the information in these responses.  How do we get Hosted Pages 2.0 to supply the SimpleOrderAPI responses?  Ideally they would be supplied as additional parameters on the post back URL.

2 REPLIES 2
Tutor

Re: How do I get response information from a payment gateway using hosted pages?

SOLVED:  The hosted page response provides a "refId".  This refId is the payment method id.  We used this value to perform a query against the payment method transaction logs to get the ResponseString.  Once the ResponseString is parsed we have the values that we need.

The request looks something like this:

https://rest.apisandbox.zuora.com/v1/action/query

{
"queryString": "select ResponseString from PaymentMethodTransactionLog where PaymentMethodId = 'xxPaymentMethodIdGuidxx'"
}

You will need to provide the correct header values for the access keys in order for this work.

Community Manager

Re: How do I get response information from a payment gateway using hosted pages?

Awesome @jsnplank! Thanks for sharing your solution with the Community Smiley Happy

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne