Happy Business Starts Here

Master

How can I have purchase & payment information in a Email Template?

Hello there!

I have a scenario where customer purchases and then receives a purchase confirmation email. This email should contain summarized information about what was purchased and how it was paid. On lines  of:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Order Number: XYZ

Order Date: XYZ

Product: XYZ

Quantity: XYZ

Price: XZY

Total: XYZ

Payment Type: XYZ

Billing Info & Address: XYZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't seem to be able to find the appropriate event / merge fields to create this email notification & template? Could someone help or provide some guidance on the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

eclf

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: How can I have purchase & payment information in a Email Template?

Hi @eclf,

It sounds like you are looking to set up an email template with the notification type = New Subscription Created.

This type gives you access to a bunch of related fields that include:

• <DataSource.Subscription.Name>
  • <DataSource.Subscription.ContractAcceptanceDate>
  • <Subscription.SubscriptionDetailTable>
  • <DataSource.DefaultPaymentMethod.Type>
  • <DataSource.BillToContact.???> (there are sevearl billing info + address fields to add -- choose from the list).

As a reference, you will find these to Knowledge Center articles helpful:

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Master

Hi @AmyLy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will give it a go at your suggestions.

Question - would it be possible to attach the Invoice on this same notification?

Cheers,

EF

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@eclf, unfortunately with the "new subscription" event type you are unable to attach the invoice as the invoice presentment portion is associated with other events in the system.

Many of our customers use a combination of two notifications to accomplish this:

1. New Subscription event  = used to summarize the newly created subscription details

2. Invoice Posted event = used to send an email notifying the customer that an invoice has been generated. This event type allows you to attach the invoice PDF with it.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Master

Hi @AmyLy

Once again, thanks for you replies.

About your responses:

1. New Subscription event  = used to summarize the newly created subscription details

2. Invoice Posted event = used to send an email notifying the customer that an invoice has been generated. This event type allows you to attach the invoice PDF with it.

eclf - I figured this would be challenging... We are talking about an online purchase (with electronic payment), so creating a subscription + invoice + payment are almost 3 events wrapped in one and we would like to not send a lot of notifications to our customers when he completes 1 purchase.

But at the moment, the main concern is the New Subscription Created notificaiton, in which we would like to send a purchase confirmation email; I followed your advice and the results are not exactly what I was expecting. It seems that if I add <Subscription.SubscriptionDetailTable> to the template I get:

Charge Name

Charge Type

Effective Start Date

Unit Price

QTY

Total

and this information repeats for as many charges as the product has even if the customer only purchased 1 of them. For example. if we have a product with Annual Recurring Charge + Monthly Recurring Charge but the customer only purchases the Annual one, he will receive an email with Monthly charge and get confused...

Quesitons:

How can I replace Charge Name + Charge Type for simply Product Name?

Can I change the way it's labelled? For example QTY to Quantity?

Is there any workaround you guys have seen other customers go for in these circumstances?

Many thanks

eclf