Happy Business Starts Here

Customer not invoiced in auto bill run

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Customer not invoiced in auto bill run

Question:

The user is wondering why this customer didn't get picked up in the automated bill run on 9/30? Are there any other customers not being picked up in the bill run?

2c92a0fc6bff1863016c072cbf44355e

Solution:

When the customer account has a BCD set as "Autoset", Zuora sets the BCD to the triggering date of the first recurring charge and is not limited to the billing period start days that you have enabled. 
If the bill run was executed with a specific BCD, the invoice will not be generated in the automatic Bill run. The invoice will be generated when Bill runs executed with all batches and all BCD and appropriate target date.

We were able to reproduce the issue on our local sandbox. We have created a customer account with Billing cycle day as "Autoset" and subscription was created with trigger date as 8/31.

An invoice was generated with the Bill run setting as "Batch 1" and "30th of the month" as BCD. 

Then, the subscription was renewed with an effective date as 09/30 and Bill run was executed with "Batch 1" and BCD as "30th of the month", no invoice was generated.  But when a Bill run was executed with all batches and all BCD, the invoice was generated. 

This is because the customer account has a BCD set as "Autoset". If you use the auto-set option, Zuora sets the BCD to the triggering date of the first recurring charge and is not limited to the billing period start days that you have enabled. 

Since the bill run was executed with a specific BCD i.e, 30 of the month, the invoice was not generated in the automatic Bill run. Hence, the invoice was generated when Bill run was executed later on 10/02 with all batches and all BCD and appropriate target date, the invoice was generated. 

The automatic bill run was scheduled to run 09/30 and it executed on 09/30 2:00 PDT but failed to include the account which subscription renewed. 

But when the bill run is executed for that specific account without billing cycle day and batch, the invoice was generated for the account. 

If you want your accounts to use auto-set, then you do not need to enable specific days of the month. Zuora recommends that you either enable the auto-set option or enable specific billing period start days.

Please refer to the below-related knowledge center article on Autoset:
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/WA_Dates_in_Zuora/C_Customer_Account_Dates%3A_Bill_Cycl... 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √