Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

CreditCard payment error "Transaction declined.invalid_amount - Invalid amount."

When trying to process a MasterCard payment in Zuora through Stripe paymet gateway, we get "Transaction declined.invalid_amount - Invalid amount."

What is a likely cause?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: CreditCard payment error "Transaction declined.invalid_amount - Invalid amount."

According our payment logs, this error message is being returned back from Stripe payment gateway from your customer's issuing bank which would indicate a form of Decline.

Upon further research per Stripe documentation: If the amount appears to be correct, your customer needs to check with their issuing bank that they can make purchases of that amount. The payment amount may exceeds the amount that is allowed on purchases, similar to non-sufficient funds. Furthermore, per Visa and Mastercard, this error could refer to a card that is not allowed to do online purchases. Or, this consumer Card program has a specific maximum and the Transaction Amount exceeds the maximum.

At this point your first step would be to confirm this decline directly with Stripe Payment Gateway, then reach out to your customer to either have them contact their issuing bank to allow the transaction OR provide another form of payment.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √