Happy Business Starts Here

Charge a processing fee for customers who are not set to auto pay

Zuora Support

Charge a processing fee for customers who are not set to auto pay

Question:

If we wanted to charge a processing fee for customers who are not set to auto-pay, what would be the most effective way to do so?

Solution:

The Payment will only be collected based on the invoice's amount. The current business use case of having a transaction processing fee is not yet available.

However, we would like to suggest is to create a separate invoice that will only reflect the transaction processing fee. 

Please refer to the steps for achieving this:
1. Create a new subscription and add a one time charge with the amount you need for the transaction processing fee.
2. Create an invoice for this subscription
3. Process payment.

If you need to reflect the transaction processing fee on the already billed invoice, you may need to add the one-time charge (act as transaction processing fee) on the subscription. Here are the steps to achieve this:
1. Unpost the invoice. 
2. Go to Subscription and create an amendment (new product) to add the one time charge that will act as a transaction processing fee.
3. Create a bill run for the account and once it's completed, it should update the draft invoice. It will now reflect a new invoice total with a new charge line for the transaction processing fee.
5. Post the invoice and process a payment.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √