Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

Accounts Receivables & accounts turned over to a collection agency?

We have accounts that will be turned over to a 3rd party collection agency, and want to be able to run Account Receivable reports that don't include the accounts turned over to an agency.  

8 REPLIES 8
Zuora Alumni

Re: Accounts Receivables & accounts turned over to a collection agency?

Hi Mark, have you tried the Invoice Aging Report? Not sure how granular you need it, also if you have we can provide the report as of end of each accounting period. In an accounting period, you can go to the Balance tab and then download the Aging Details report by account.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Savvy Scholar

The Invoice Aging Report does not allow me to filter on any custom fields, so I can't identify or filter out accounts turned over for collection.

There is no way using the Invoice Aging Report to identify those accounts turned over for collection.

Zuora Alumni

How about usign aging buckets to identify them assuming you send accounts to collection afte X number of days.

Savvy Scholar

That's a good idea, except we don't turn over all accounts to collection after X number of days.

It's only certain accounts that are under a certain agreement, that we turn over to collection agencies for non-payment.  It's part of our business model.

Zuora Alumni

Understood Mark, I saw your post in IDEAS i will ask PM to take a look.

Zuora Alumni

Hi Mark---one other idea that you could think of using is creating a custom field at the account level that can be set to "in collections" once an account is turned over to your third party collector. You can then include that field in your aging report and fileter out the accounts that have that field populated with "in collections". A support rep can walk you through the steps of setting up a custom field if you think that would work. 

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

I like Matt's idea of using a custom field on the Account to flag if turned over to a collection agency.  But I don't see any Aging reports in Zuora that allows me to add a custom field from the Account object.  

Please advise on where to find an Aging report where I can include the custom field.

Zuora Alumni

Hi Mark---Apologies for the delay. I am looking into this request and will update you shortly. The feature may not be available today, but we are in the process of rolling out new reporting over the next two months and want to see if it will be available with that roll out.