Happy Business Starts Here

Sort by custom fields on Invoice Template

Given a rate plan with (n) charges on it, we want to sort by the value of a custom field, so we can do something like this:

Super Product Premium Special Offer (flat fee) (sortorder=0)

Super Product Premium Full Users inclusive (sortorder=1)

Super Product Premium Read-Only Users inclusive (sortorder=1)

Super Product Support (sortorder=2)

Additional Full Users (sortorder=3)

Additional Read-Only Users (sortorder=3)

The reason why is because we want to order the charges by sub-block rather than have different rateplans. Then followed by TCV descending.

3 Comments
Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi @mikemartin,

We recently introduced new functionality (Nested Tables with sorting in the charge details table). You can learn more about this capability here:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/IA_Invoices/Creating_a_Custom_Invoice_Template/Grouping....

Please let me know if this will meet your needs. Thanks.

Scholar

Hi @narhlow,

I want to do something similar to what Mike Martin is doing. We have a product: "call center seat", that we want to always show up first on invoices. Zuora support advised us to try the groupby functionality but I'm having difficulty understanding how to do this since Product invoice mergefields aren't supported. It seems like the only way to accomplish this is to create a custom field on the product in the catalog (something like sort order 0 for call center seats, and 1 for all other products) and sort by that. 

Thanks,

Kyle

Partner

Hi,

Also interested in this use case!

I think the issue is that Product, Rate plan and Charge custom fields are not available on the invoice as mergefields. Why is that?

I cant even use the Zuora native field "Product Category" on an invoice - either to display it OR use it as a sort criteria.

The exact use case here would be the following:

Bundle Name
Item 1
Item 2
Etc.
Subtotal Bundle
Product Type Hardware
Item 1
Item 2

Subtotal
Discount
Etc.
Product Type Software
Item 1
Item 2

Subtotal
Discount
Etc
Product Type Service
Item 1
Item 2

Subtotal
Discount
Etc

This would all be possible if I could access the product/rateplan/charge custom mergefields on the invoice.

Thanks!

Andrew