Happy Business Starts Here

Soap error is very generic message and should be more descriptive

In our case, the subscribe call was throwing exception and the message we were getting was

Zuora.zRemoteException: Illegal API request, Server returns unknown exception

When we tried to get more detail message we got this -

 

zRemoteException:[code=soapenvSmiley Frustratederver, message=org.apache.axis2.AxisFault

at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.ZuoraCUSServiceMessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(ZuoraCUSServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:274)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.ZuoraCUSServiceMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(ZuoraCUSServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:139)

at org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)

at org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:100)

at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:176)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:131)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.temp.HttpStatusExceptionFilter.doFilter(HttpStatusExceptionFilter.java:25)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:198)

at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:680)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException

at com.zuora.api.ID.setID(ID.java:63)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.ZuoraZObjectFactory.translateValueByType(ZuoraZObjectFactory.java:327)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.ZuoraZObjectFactory.setPropertyValue(ZuoraZObjectFactory.java:291)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.ZuoraZObjectFactory.parseValueFromXml(ZuoraZObjectFactory.java:210)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.subscribe.SubscribeRequestFactory.parse(SubscribeRequestFactory.java:68)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.subscribe.SubscribeFactory.parse(SubscribeFactory.java:60)

at com.zuora.api.util.customize.ZuoraCUSServiceMessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(ZuoraCUSServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:272)

 

The message did not tell us anything what was the issue on or side so it was not helpful. After 5 days back and forth with support we found that the values for some identifiers for the PaymentId were not correct and due to this we were getting above error. We could resolved this faster if the error message is more descriptive like which exact field is having the issue instead of giving a generic message like above. I would like to see this feature in next release.

Thanks

Sanjay

 

3 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea
 
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea
 
Partner
I am encountering this. It is hard to identify what is wrong when debugging and doing impact analysis.