Happy Business Starts Here

Customer Statements

Zuora really needs customer account statements. These should be able to be pulled at any time without running an invoice. It would combine charges, payment, and balance information in one place. Customers often request at least a year's history. The workaround to use a custom invoice is clunky and doesn't really cut it. Every other accounting system that I have used has this capability.  

41 Comments
Valued Scholar

@nharlow You indicated that this was a top candidate for 2017 roadmap inclusion back in May 2016. 1 year later, you stated that it's "most likely" going to be released in Q4 2017. At this point in the year, you know what's going to make a Q4 release or not. Please manage your customers' expectations better. While not appealing, many of us would rather here "we are not going to include this feature for x years", that's better than dragging us along with inaccurate updates every several months.

Zuora Product Team

Hi All,

We are moving forward with a plan to deliver this via our partner ecosystem on the Connect Marketplace. This is a new way for Zuora to deliver functionality to customers. Orchestrating all of the commercial aspects of such an arrangement is challenging, especially because Zuora as a company is just starting to do this. Due to these challenges, this is unlikely to be delivered in 4Q17. I regret the delay and share your frustration around this issue. I am continuing to keep pressure on this project internally and hope to have positive news about the delivery timeline before long. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Tutor

Does that mean we'll have to pay additional for the functionality? If so, thats unacceptable. 

Valued Scholar

@nharlow - can you offer an update please? And respond to phughes32 question regarding the purchase of this functionality. I agree with phughes32 - this basic function shouldn't be something Zuora intends to monetize.

Hello,

It has been a little over 2 years since the first message was posted. I wanted to follow up and see if there was any update on this?

Thanks

Zuora Product Team

The intention is that this would be an out-of-the-box capability, regardless of whether we deliver it through the Connect marketplace or otherwise. We have not been able to allocate dev resources to this project just yet. We have been engaged in a major effort to enhance our AR Settlement capabilities (unapplied payments, credit/debit memos, and item-level settlement). We have also launched a major initiative to enhance Zuora Billing for the growing scale and performance requirements many of our customers have or will soon have (millions of accounts, subscriptions, invoices per bill run, etc.). These strategic initiatives will deliver significant customer value. However, we've had to make difficult tradeoffs that have delayed progress on other also important projects. I will continue to provide updates on this topic and hope to report more progress before too much longer. Thanks. 

Scholar

Please make this a standard feature

Scholar

Please provide the status of this 2-year-old request. There is no workaround that comes close to being able to fill this request, which is completely unacceptable and incredibly frustrating. Your immediate attention to this issue is appreciated.

Zuora Product Team

Customer Statements are likely to be part of Zuora Collect. Stay tuned for an upcoming product announcement. Thanks.

Scholar

Is there any update on progress of this. Last update was June 2018!  Thanks