Billing Docs Preview: Cancelled Credit Memo is provided in Reponse instead of Invoice
I would like to submit a feature request/bug fixing. Please find the details on the case below:
That is the case when a customer is tax exempt and makes a purchase.
After a time the customer tax exempt status changes and they now have to pay taxes.
The customer updates the product (quantity decrease):
- the amount of prorated taxes that should be paid by the customer is bigger than the amount of the decrease order (e.g. update product amount is -50$ and the prorated tax amount is +120$)
- the Preview of Billing docs returns only Credit memo details (-70$): which is complete misinformation
- behind the scenes:
- Zuora auto-cancels Credit Memo (-70$)
- Generates Invoice (+70$)
- customer is NOT charged at that moment, although "collectPayment" is set to "True"
- customer IS charged the Invoice amount (70$) during the next Bill run
- Customer is informed about the refund amount they are to get: based on Billing Docs response
- Instead customer is charged the amount of money they were NOT informed about
It is really needed that the Preview response for Billing Docs reflects the actual/trustworthy result of the operation and as a result "collectPayment" could behave as expected
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.