Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Avalara Tax Connector > Can I filter off zero $ line items on my invoice

Avalara Tax Connector > Can I filter off zero $ line items on my invoice

Invoice Item-Zero Dollar-Dollar Amt.png

If We have Nexus in that state even when that line item has zero $ value;the Tax Calculatoins are the same

Avalara calculates any applicable tax (state,county,city,special tax) against the zero dollar line item and charges me for those transactions if they are the greater of the line item count,tax call count or invoice count

To reduce the operational cost on zero dollar revenue : Can I filter for Zero on line item prior to using the Avalara Connector ?

I'd love a Z setting that states: if the line item or even the total value of invoice = 0 do not import line item into Avalara Connector 

Thanks,

8 Comments
Guru

Well put! I was just trying to put into words the same question.

In our case most of our customers are billed for their main subscription annually on the anniversary, but their usage is billed out monthly. For a vast majority of them (90%) they are under their quotas and the overage invoice is $0. However, since it still gets posted as an invoice and tax is still calculated on it, it counts as a billable transaction in Avalara. I don't need Avalara to tell me what the Tax on $0 is ;-). If the invoice is $0 it would be nice not to send these out to be processed.

As an aside, it might even be nice to be able to avoid issuing an invoice altogether. If the usage charges are $0, do we really need an invoice stating so? 

Zuora Staff

Hi all,

This is currently under review by the PM Team. Hopefully, we will be able to provide an update on this shortly.

Kyle

Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hi, 

We are tracking this requirement and plan to schedule this in an upcoming release. The plan is to add a configuration option such that when enabled, if the invoice item amount is $0, Zuora will not send the item to Avalara for tax calculation. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nick Harlow

Guru

@Kyle @nharlow awesome news, thanks for the update.

Master

Any updates on the development? This woul help a lot.  I agree with the orignal poster, I'm getting hit with overages with $0 invoices.

Melvin

Savvy Scholar

Hello

Is there any update on this? Do we have the configuration in place or under development?

Thanks

Abhishek

Savvy Scholar

@nharlow, @Kyle - Could you please update the status for this?

Zuora Support Moderator

Hello @abhishek_grover This is still in our backlog and we are unable to confirm an ETA as to when it can be implemented into the solution.