Happy Business Starts Here

Reporting on Refunds by User/Employee

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Reporting on Refunds by User/Employee

We are trying to generate a report on the dollar amount or count of refunds made by different members of the support team to track anyone giving out unusually high levels of refunds or unusually high levels of specific refund reasons. I have made a report using the "Refund:Create by ID" field but this is pretty useless as it just returns the unique alpahnumberic ID of the rep which is of no value. We want this to go out as a scheduled report csv in the crosstab layout with either the reps name or email address so we can actually tell who is issuing the refunds. Is there a way to achieve this in the current reporting system?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Reporting on Refunds by User/Employee

At this time you can only export by the "ID" of the user and not the email address or details of the user associated to the ID. 

However, you can use our EXPORTS feature to export a file of all Users, called "All User List CSV". This export will create a spreadsheet of all Users and their associated User ID, which you can use as a matrix. 

Resource: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CD_Reporting/Data_Exports/Exporting_Object_Data

Otherwise, I would recommend submitting a request for enhancement under our NEW Community ‘Product Ideas’: http://community.zuora.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/Ideas

You can post your feature request and solicit direct input from the Product Management Team. You can also vote on features and post comments. The Product Management Team actively monitors the community and provides updates on feature requests when available.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Guru

To add on to @Rolando's comments, if you are a Zuora for Salesforce user, then Refunds are sync'd to there as well via 360 and you can report on the Zuora__Refund__c object. On that object the 'Zuora__CreatedById__c' field contains the email of the Zuora user that provided the refund. You could build reports or dashboards that show you total refunds per user or trends over time, etc.

I also suggest making sure you have good reason codes setup as these are also sync'd and reportable as well.

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

We need this as one document going out to management not something with a second document they need to cross reference. I'll submit it as an idea.

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

We don't use Salesforce. We need something that can go out as an automated report. We have reason codes set up relatively well and those are included just fine in reports but only have access to the alphanumeric user id string makes the report less useful for seeing who is issuing refunds.