Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Report on billings

We bill for the month on the first of the month. I'd like to run a report for June 1 to see what the billings will be. How do I do this?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Report on billings

You can run a simple report to get this information. Using the RATE PLAN CHARGE data source, you can filter those Rate Plan Charges that have a "Charged Through Date" less than June 1st, meaning that they are due to be bill/invoiced again.

Use the screenshot below as a starting point for your report. You can add/remove fields and filters as you see fit, but i would start with this as your guide.

For more information please check out our Knowledge Center article regarding Create a Summary Report.

Additionally, if you prefer using API calls, we have a feature called Billing Preview. Billing Preview call allows you to generate a preview of future invoice items for one or more customer accounts. Use BillingPreview call to calculate how much a single customer or group of customers will be invoiced from the most recent invoice to a specific end of term date in the future. For more information on this, please visit the following link: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/BillingPreview_call

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support SME

You can run a simple report to get this information. Using the RATE PLAN CHARGE data source, you can filter those Rate Plan Charges that have a "Charged Through Date" less than June 1st, meaning that they are due to be bill/invoiced again.

Use the screenshot below as a starting point for your report. You can add/remove fields and filters as you see fit, but i would start with this as your guide.

For more information please check out our Knowledge Center article regarding Create a Summary Report.

Additionally, if you prefer using API calls, we have a feature called Billing Preview. Billing Preview call allows you to generate a preview of future invoice items for one or more customer accounts. Use BillingPreview call to calculate how much a single customer or group of customers will be invoiced from the most recent invoice to a specific end of term date in the future. For more information on this, please visit the following link: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/BillingPreview_call

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tutor

What value field would you use to generate the "amount" to be invoiced?