Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

New Reporting - Restricting User Edits

In the past, there was a checkbox in created reports to prevent other users from making changes to them.

I don’t find that checkbox in the new reporting structure and I’ve noticed that users have been making small personal changes to the master reports that are causing issues for me and other users.

Does the checkbox exist? Or is there another solve I can use for this?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: New Reporting - Restricting User Edits

For the New Reporting, the permissions are now governed by the Reporting User Roles. You can create a custom user role that will allow a user to only view reports but not manage them. You would then assign this custom user role to those users to prevent them from making changes.

The user roles can be found under SETTINGS > ADMINISTRATION > MANAGE USER ROLES

Below is an example of a custom reporting user role with view-only access to reporting:

RESOURCES:

How do I set up a custom user role with a specific permission and assign it to users?.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: New Reporting - Restricting User Edits

For the New Reporting, the permissions are now governed by the Reporting User Roles. You can create a custom user role that will allow a user to only view reports but not manage them. You would then assign this custom user role to those users to prevent them from making changes.

The user roles can be found under SETTINGS > ADMINISTRATION > MANAGE USER ROLES

Below is an example of a custom reporting user role with view-only access to reporting:

RESOURCES:

How do I set up a custom user role with a specific permission and assign it to users?.

View solution in original post