Happy Business Starts Here

How to exclude reversed and written off invoices from reporting

TrixabelleCP
Valued Scholar

How to exclude reversed and written off invoices from reporting

I want to report on all invoices but exclude those that are reversed or written off. 

Using the "Invoices" data source, excluding reversed invoices is easy because there's a "reversed" flag I can use.

However, I can't see how to exclude written off invoices (of which we have thousands because we're still migrated into the system).

Any ideas?

I also looked at the credit memo data source as you can view the reason code from the credit memo (to see credit memos created due to a write-off), however, that ONLY shows invoices with a credit memo applied.

My best effort right now is to run 2 reports - one showing all invoices and the other invoices with a credit memo applied and then use excel to filter out the ones with credit memos from the full list. But that feels like a pretty horrible solution.

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rajkumar
Zuora Support

Re: How to exclude reversed and written off invoices from reporting

Hello @TrixabelleCP 

Thanks for reaching out to Zuora. 

The "Write-off" option actually creates a Credit Memo in Zuora and This means reporting on Write-offs involves reporting on credit memos.

Knowledge Center Article - Write Off 

Unfortunately, for your use case, we need to pull in two reports as below:

1. Using Invoice Data Source. pull in all the Invoices
  2. Using Credit Memo Data Source filter out the Invoices with Reason Code - "Write Off"

Then, with those two reports, you could leverage a Vlookup in Excel to pull in a summary of the "Write Off" credit memos (report 2) against the full list of Invoices (report 1), which you know it already.

Apologies for not being so helpful, but as per current design, this is the only option as Credit Memo and Invoice Objects Data Source are not joined together.

Best Regards,

Raj

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rajkumar
Zuora Support

Re: How to exclude reversed and written off invoices from reporting

Hello @TrixabelleCP 

Thanks for reaching out to Zuora. 

The "Write-off" option actually creates a Credit Memo in Zuora and This means reporting on Write-offs involves reporting on credit memos.

Knowledge Center Article - Write Off 

Unfortunately, for your use case, we need to pull in two reports as below:

1. Using Invoice Data Source. pull in all the Invoices
  2. Using Credit Memo Data Source filter out the Invoices with Reason Code - "Write Off"

Then, with those two reports, you could leverage a Vlookup in Excel to pull in a summary of the "Write Off" credit memos (report 2) against the full list of Invoices (report 1), which you know it already.

Apologies for not being so helpful, but as per current design, this is the only option as Credit Memo and Invoice Objects Data Source are not joined together.

Best Regards,

Raj

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post