Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Change in Usage 'included units'

I am looking for a particular usage change. The change I'm looking to capture is the date on which a customer changes their contracted 'included units'. Say that Customer x was allotted 1,000,000 'included units' per month in 2015. On January 1, 2016, they then sign a new contract which reduces their 'included units' to 500,000. Where is the field I would need which contains that January 1, 2016 date?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Change in Usage 'included units'

In reporting you can create a report that can display the change in included units. The one caveat to this report is that you can only get results if the usage plan has "included units".

For my example, there is a charge called "Server Hours" which is an 'Overage Pricing' charge model that has changed a few times in the subscription due to Update Amendments.

Based on the screenshot below, the charge has 4 segments representing the 4 changes made over time. You can see the 'Included Units' charges and their associated effective start date for each segment.

Please note that this will not pull any usage delta. At this time, you would need to manually calculate the delta. Our reporting team is currently working on a future enhancement that will allow users to report on these types of changes.

If you are looking for an immediate solution regarding usage delta, please contact your Zuora representative for more information on our Insights feature.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √