Question or Problem Statement:
Customers often request for steps on how to migrate data from one tenant to the next (ie: sandbox to production): more specifically, Accounts, Contacts, Subscriptions. However, there are times where customers request to migrate additional data, such as invoicing, payment and amendment history.
For migration of Accounts, Contacts and Payment Methods,
- First, export the files by navigating to Customer Accounts > Action (right middle side) and clicking on Export Customer Accounts
- This zip file will contain 3 files that you'll use to import into the intended tenant. For import instructions and additional information you may reference Importing Customer Accounts.
Mass creation of Subscription can be handled by mass order entry function. Instructions and additional information can be found at Using Mass Order Entry to Create Subscriptions.
If in need of migrating amendments as well, please reference Create Amendments through Mass Order Entry.
3. Invoices and payments
They cannot be migrated. Invoices will need to be generated under the new tenant, while payments can be recorded as external payments in order to avoid charging credit cards.
All the necessary data for recreation of invoices and payments can be obtained as follows:
You may export invoice data for particular accounts by navigating to the desired account, scrolling down to Transactions section. Make sure you're in the Invoices tab and click view all, found in the lower right section of the invoice table. When the new page loads, locate Action, and just below click on "Export Invoices for <Account Number>".
The same can be done with payments, navigate to the desired account, scroll down to Transactions section. Make sure you're in the Payments tab and click view all, found in the lower right section of the invoice table. When the new page loads, locate Action, and just below click on "Export Payments for <Account Number>".
To create an external payment:
- Navigate to Z-Payments > Payment Operations and click the Payment tab.
- Click Create Payment.
- In the Customer Account field, click and select a customer from the Customer Account list, or click search to search for an account.
- In the Type of Payment field, select External Payment.
- In the Payment Date field, enter an effective date for the payment.
- In the Payment Method field, click and select a payment method from the list. If the account has a default payment method specified, the payment method will default to that default payment method.
- In the Payment Total field, enter the payment total amount.
- Optionally, enter a Reference ID and a Comment.
- If you want to view or select an accounting code, click Additional Fields and enter the code in the Accounting Code field. See Overriding Accounting Codes on Payments for instructions on selecting a accounting code.
- Check the boxes next to the invoices for which you want to apply the payment.
- Click create payment to process the payment.
You may also elect to create payments via SOAP API: Applying Payments to an Invoice.