Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Deactivating User Accounts and Scheduled Jobs

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Deactivating User Accounts and Scheduled Jobs

Question: When I deactivate a user account in Zuora, I will sometimes get this message:

This user has scheduled job(s) that will not be executed if the user is deactivated. 
Are you sure you want to deactivate this user?

How can I check to see which scheduled jobs are associated?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Answer:

Depending on the scenario, you will receive this pop-up messages from the system when you deactivate a user account.

These are the situations:

1. Pending Payment Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Payment Run, this could cause the message. Check to see if any "Status-Pending" Payment Runs are created by this user.
  2. Cancelled Payment Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Payment Run and it has been cancelled; this will cause the message. To remove this message, you can delete the "Cancelled" Payment Run(s).
  3. Pending Billing Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Bill Run, this could cause the message. Check to see if any "Status=Pending" Bill Runs are created by this user.
  4. Cancelled Bill Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Bill Run and it has been cancelled; this will cause the message. To remove this message, you can delete the "Cancelled" Bill Run(s).
  5. 360 Sync - If a user account creates a Scheduled 360 Sync the message will appear.
  6. 360 Sync modification - If a user account modifies an existing Scheduled 360 Sync the message will appear.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Answer:

Depending on the scenario, you will receive this pop-up messages from the system when you deactivate a user account.

These are the situations:

1. Pending Payment Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Payment Run, this could cause the message. Check to see if any "Status-Pending" Payment Runs are created by this user.
  2. Cancelled Payment Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Payment Run and it has been cancelled; this will cause the message. To remove this message, you can delete the "Cancelled" Payment Run(s).
  3. Pending Billing Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Bill Run, this could cause the message. Check to see if any "Status=Pending" Bill Runs are created by this user.
  4. Cancelled Bill Run - If a user account has created a scheduled Bill Run and it has been cancelled; this will cause the message. To remove this message, you can delete the "Cancelled" Bill Run(s).
  5. 360 Sync - If a user account creates a Scheduled 360 Sync the message will appear.
  6. 360 Sync modification - If a user account modifies an existing Scheduled 360 Sync the message will appear.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Can it be checked anywhere if a user with Billing/ Standard user role is being used for any API calls?

Or how else can I make sure that the user I am deactivating will not cause any blocks? The user does not have any scheduled jobs so I am only concerned about the API access permission that comes with the Standard user Billing role.

Thank you,

Mariann

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@mariannhajas - sorry for the delay! I didn't see that this thread had a follow-up.

The default "Standard" role under the Platform option does have API Write-access enabled.

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to validate if an API user has sent over any calls so you'd have to check your code for that.