Happy Business Starts Here

CRUD Callout by Object

Currently, there are c for many events on important objects (let's take, for this example, invoices) that allow timely callouts to external systems. Unfortunately, the current callouts are very limited and prevent a good implementation of an external service being synced in an efficient way to Zuora as they are lacking update and delete event notifications. For important objects, one should be able to set a callout on update or delete, not just insert. Having an insert-only callout doesn't enable efficient integration as it requires the receiving service to make many, many unnecessary queries to keep in sync with Zuora as it will never otherwise know if an object has been altered or deleted.

24 Comments
Zuora Product Team

Hi @Jamie, thanks for checking in. Things are looking on track for early Q1. We're just buttoning up the last couple of things and I should be able to provide another update in two weeks or so with another update.

Zuora Product Team

Just a quick update here, we have an Limited Availability target set to February release at this point. I don't anticipate this to change, but will provide another update mid-January to confirm.

Scholar

Thanks @lukasz will we be able to participate in the LA release?

Zuora Product Team

@Jamie, can you summarize the use cases you're looking to have the feature implement?

Scholar

@lukasz

We currently make use of Zuora's standard callout notifications for different events (new subscriptions, etc) to notify a custom web service we have about the change.

In addition to that we have an integration that runs in Salesforce but updates custom fields in Zuora on Account records related to past due payments. When we update those custom fields, we need that same webservice callout to occur.  We have been making that webservice callout from our Salesforce integration but its a more logical flow to have Zuora make that callout. Unfortunately it has never been possibly to trigger the standard Zuora callouts for custom field changes.

Zuora Product Team

@Jamie, got it. Yes, the feature will address this use case. Just at a high level, the feature allows definition of new Events that are based on changes (create, update, delete) to the Zuora logical objects AND fields. So to address your use case, we'd create an event where the Account is updated, specifically where the custom field value changes from one value to another.

Scholar

Hi @lukasz we're now in Q2 and I thought this was going to be ready in early Q1. Is this feature still not ready?

Zuora Product Team

@Jamie, the feature is almost there. We're starting to provision select customers in Sandbox, but we're still finalizing our performance testing, to make sure the feature can handle customers using this feature in Production. I expect the testing to finish in the next month or two.

Scholar

@lukasz, We will be very much interested in being part of the LA for this feature. Also, is it available yet?

Zuora Product Team

@Dchaudhary, we're almost there. We're planning to kick-off the LA in early June. I'll post it here when we're ready.

What use cases are you looking to cover?