Happy Business Starts Here

Re: custom revenue recognition script : how to query for new/unprocessed InvoiceItems

Master

custom revenue recognition script : how to query for new/unprocessed InvoiceItems

I have a custom revenue recognition script; the calculation is done in python, hosted externally.

I'm still working on our migration, so at the moment the script queries all InvoiceItems with the custom RevenueRecognitionRule.

Once we go live, I wonder what is an efficient way to query which InvoiceItems have not yet been processed. Is it possible to do this without keeping state on the script side?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: custom revenue recognition script : how to query for new/unprocessed InvoiceItems

When you said you use  custom rev rec rule, may I know if you create the revenue schedule for an invoice item or directly for the subscription charge?

And when you said you would like to query which Invoice items have not yet been processed, could you please clarify what you do mean about "not yet been processed"? 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

It seems there is no way to do this; I will have to keep some state information (date of last invoiceitem correctly processed) on the client side.