Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Why is API Sandbox slower than Production ?

Question or Problem Statement:

We've noted through testing and other general observation that our API Sandbox envonment is slower than Production by comparison.  Can you explain why?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Why is API Sandbox slower than Production ?

Solution:

I believe it needs to be understood that our API Sandbox environments are not designed for performance. See Zuora Testing Environments for more details on what you can expect out of each environment, and allow me to explain a bit further by listing a few key limits with this environment.

1. API Sandbox provisioning and hardware profile is under what production is, so it has less horsepower in terms of "resourcing" (CPU and DB cache)
  2. API Sandbox tenant density, that is the number of tenants served out of one logical "group" of tenants, is much higher that is in production so competition for processing resources is generally higher.
  3. API Sandbox was not designed to be on equal terms with production in terms of performance (as stated above).

The differences described above will generally manifest as performance variation as opposed to general slowness as "most of the time" this diffence goes unnoticed.  The bottom line is that the performance variation that you may experience in API Sandbox will be greater than you will see in production, which is designed to be optimal and balanced in terms of tenant performance within our tenant infrastructural.

References: 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BB_Introducing_Z_Business/D_Zuora_Environments

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √