Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

[SOAP] How can I delete everything from my Sandbox to have a clean environment?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: [SOAP] How can I delete everything from my Sandbox to have a clean environment?

Scenario:

A clean Sandbox environment is needed and we'd like to remove all accounts, subscriptions, invoices, products.

Solution:

Please make sure you have already cancelled bill run, and deleted all bill run. If accounts and invoice were deleted first, Bill run couldn’t be deleted with error.

- Create a Data Source Export on the Data Source: Account, selecting all the IDs

delete1.jpg

- Create one or more delete() Account calls, containing all the Account IDs. One delete() call can contain a maximum of 50 ids. Example:

<ns1:delete>
      <ns1:type>Account</ns1:type>
      <ns1:ids>2c92c0f848a2eace0148a4967f3112ed</ns1:ids>
      <ns1:ids>2c92c0f948a2f63f0148a8ddc3ce27f9</ns1:ids>
      <ns1:ids>2c92c0f848bfcf0b0148d71ca16e3f10</ns1:ids>
</ns1:delete>

- This deletes the accounts AND the associated objects (subscriptions, invoices, etc)

- When all your accounts are deleted, execute a Data Source Export on the Product Data source.

- Create a delete() Product call, containing all Product IDs. Once again, the id limit is 50 per call:

<ns1:delete>
      <ns1:type>Product</ns1:type>
      <ns1:ids>2c92c0f848a2eace0148a4967ffnu4ax</ns1:ids>
      <ns1:ids>2c92c0f9485h78de5eb8a8dabf4e4cab</ns1:ids>
      <ns1:ids>2c92c0f848bfcfeda14e354h54ca365a</ns1:ids>
</ns1:delete>

- Make sure you do not have Bill Runs and Payment Runs scheduled.

Supporting References:

http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Developers/SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/delete_call

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Re: [SOAP] How can I delete everything from my Sandbox to have a clean environment?

How long does it take to (re)-populate with production data?

Zuora Alumni

If you have a Services environment a refresh from Production can take serveral days or more.

If you are asking how to delete (manually or programmatically) the data in your Sandbox, then you can partially delete the data by deleting Accounts, and if prompted, any required associated data (like invoices, payments, etc)

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √