Happy Business Starts Here

Is the Account "Parent" value accessible via the API?

Highlighted
New Student

Is the Account "Parent" value accessible via the API?

I'm starting a project and as part of the project I need to have the Parent field of a customer account set. 

parent_field.png

So I stareted looking at the API docs and right away I'm not seeing a reference to any "parent" field at the customer account level.

I've inherited the code that interacts with the Zuora API, so I'm not super well versed with it, but when I ran into this potential road block I wanted to check right away to see if that particular field is something that I can even edit via the API.

For reference, this page: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/REST_API/B_REST_API_reference/Accounts/4_Update_acco...

Is one of the ones I would think that I would find a "parent" field that could be edited, but I don't see anything resembling it.

/John

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Student

Re: Is the Account "Parent" value accessible via the API?

A colleague pointed out that the ParentID field exists in the Account object that's exposed via the SOAP API.  So I think that's the way to get at that data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Student

A colleague pointed out that the ParentID field exists in the Account object that's exposed via the SOAP API.  So I think that's the way to get at that data.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@john-mcgowan -- you got it. Account.ParentId is your best bet for getting this data.

Reference:

SOAP Account Object

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √