Happy Business Starts Here

How to update customer account's Bill Cycle Date when Default Payment Method is ACH?

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

How to update customer account's Bill Cycle Date when Default Payment Method is ACH?

Problem:
When mass updating "Bill Cycle Day" via Import Accounts with default "ACH" as payment method "Auto-Pay" is set to "TRUE". I cannot fill out the "Default Payment Method" filed because "Data Export" does not export the ACH account numbers, it is a field required when "Auto-Pay" is set to "TRUE" in the import file. What do I do?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Re: How to update customer account's Bill Cycle Date when Default Payment Method is ACH?

Solution:

Follow the steps described here in Knowledge Center on how to download the template. When filling out the template, make sure these columns are filled:

ID, CUSTOMER NAME, ACCOUNT NUMBER, SOLD TO, BILL TO, AUTO-PAY, DEFAULT PAYMENT METHOD, PAYMENT TERM, BATCH AND BILL CYCLE DAY

When "Auto-Pay" is set to "TRUE", "Default Payment Method" is expected by the system, however due to PCI compliance, there isn't a way to export the account numbers. The workaround is to fill out the "Default Payment Method" field with a string such as "XXXX". It works because it satisfies the requirement that when "Auto-Pay" is "TRUE", "Default Payment Method" isn't empty, and most importantly, it does not overwrite the existing bank account number. The "Default Payment Method" field gets overwritten when the "Default Payment Method" is Credit Card.

Supporting Documentation:

Aside from updating account via importing a file, it can also be done via API Calls:

Update Account via REST API: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Developers/REST_API/B_REST_API_reference/Accounts/4_Update_acco...

Update Account via SOAP API: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Account

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √