Happy Business Starts Here

Zquote Merge Fields

Highlighted
Master

Zquote Merge Fields

The subtotal on my zquote are not being calculate correctly.  This only happens for upsells.  I confirmed that the subtotal is adding the prorariotn from the previous plan with the new plan.  See below screen capture, the subtoal does not add up correctly.

Capture.PNG

This is the merge fields I'm using. 

Capture2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Zquote Merge Fields

So this boils down to the fact that the "Previewed_SubTotal" and other totals are for the quote as a whole.

In your upsell i assume you are a) removing one product and b) adding another to effect an upgrade. When proration occurrs it has two components (Proration Credit for the old removed plan and Proration Charge for the new plan).

The reason you dont see the line item for the removed product is removed products do not have a "Charge" object. Instead they have a "Quote Charge Summary" of "ChargeSummaries" in Quote merge speak. In recent versions of quotes (6.5+) the Charge Summaries are one of the best objects to merge to the quote as they appear in every type of quote now. (Wheras before, you needed Charges for some quotes and Charge Summaries for others)

See here for more details: 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/G_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/D...

Highlighted
Master

@feisley thanks for responding.  Your assumptions are correct.

I'm on an older quote version, 6.3.  If I understand correctly,  I would have either use Charges or Charge summaries for Upsells.  Do you know when to use one versus the other.

Highlighted
Guru

Before 6.5 i believe the proper usage is for "New Subscription" quotes you use Charges and for "Renew Subscription" or "Amend Subscription" you use charge summaries.

Highlighted
Master

Got it.  Again, thanks for you expertise.