Happy Business Starts Here

What is the effect of deleting a record directly in Salesforce that has been synced from Zuora?

Valued Scholar

What is the effect of deleting a record directly in Salesforce that has been synced from Zuora?

We currently have a sync set up on our Zuora sandbox that is syncing Accounts and related objects to our Salesforce sandbox. The sandbox type is a Developer Pro and so only has limited storage space. We are over our limit and therefore need to clear some records down. Obviously this is a sandbox and therefore there is only test data in there. From looking at the Storage Usage page on Salesforce, I can see that a large number of the records are in objects that are being synced from Zuora but go beyond what we need in there, such as:

• Subscription Product Features
  • Subscription Product & Charges
  • Subscription Rate Plans

These three objects alone account for about a quarter of all data currently in our sandbox. I have two questions:

1. If I was to delete these records directly in Salesforce, would they just sync back again in the next Zuora sync? Would it cause any errors if I delete them?
  2. Is there anyway to stop specific objects from being synced to Salesforce in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Support SME

Re: What is the effect of deleting a record directly in Salesforce that has been synced from Zuora?

Hi @EllieMatthewman , to answer your specific questions

1. If I was to delete these records directly in Salesforce, would they just sync back again in the next Zuora sync? Would it cause any errors if I delete them?

I will not suggest you to delete only the following records 

• Subscription Product Features
  • Subscription Product & Charges
  • Subscription Rate Plans

Instead , you can delete some old  subscription records that are not needed anymore in salesforce.

If you delete the subscription records, it should delete its corresponding subscription rate plan, product charge, product features as well as a nested delete. 

These subscription records might get resynced, if any updates on these records are made on Zuora end.

So, I can suggest you to blank out the CrmID field values on the corresponding Biling Account records for which these subscriptions belong.

1. Is there anyway to stop specific objects from being synced to Salesforce in the first place?

For Legacy 360 sync, unfortunately No. The only way to not sync is to not have any CrmID lpopulated to the Billing Account records

Please let me know if this helps

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

Re: What is the effect of deleting a record directly in Salesforce that has been synced from Zuora?

Thanks Doyeli for such a clear response, your suggestion worked like a charm and has helped me to clear down the data storage in our Salesforce org!