Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Tips to troubleshoot issues migrating QuoteCharges to QuoteRateplanCharges

Problem:

When ZQuote package is upgraded from a version prior to 6.5x, Migration script ZuoraQuotesUpgradeConversion6_51.cls might need to be run manually , if it was never run automatically .

Refer to the following Articles for the detail on why this script needs to be run and how to run it:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/S_Previous_Z-Force_Releases/W_2015_Zuora_for_Salesfor...

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/D_ZuoraSales_Quotes_Upgrade_Guide/Q_Upg...

Often it has been noticed that inspite of running the migration script, not all the Quote charge records are successfully migrated.

This Article is to document few tips on how to troubleshoot such issue.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Support SME

Re: Tips to troubleshoot issues migrating QuoteCharges to QuoteRateplanCharges

Solution:

0) please double check if custom Triggers, validation rules are disabled  for any object in the Quote object tree , e.g. i)Quote Charge, ii)Quote Charge Detail, iii)Quote, iv)Quote Rate Plan v)Quote Rate Plan Charge vi) Quote Amendment, vii) Quote Charge Summary AND any custom objects that are related to any object in the Quote object tree.

1) run the following query to find out how many Quote Charge records are migrated (zqu__isMigrated__c field value set to 'true') and how many are not migrated (zqu__isMigrated__c field value set to 'false')

Select count(Id) , zqu__isMigrated__c from zqu__QuoteCharge__c group by zqu__isMigrated__c

2) Once we have the result from query 1, in order to find out what causes the isMigrated__c equals false on quote charges.
please run the following query.
This query signifies that the following quoteCharges cannot be migrated as the productRatePlanCharge associated with quoteCharges are null as the product catalog has been completely rebuilt on the Zuora side and then synced over to SFDC, which has caused the productRatePlanCharge to get nullified. We can never get the reference back for these productRatePlanCharges, so these quote Charges will never be migrated.

Select Id , zqu__TimeProductAdded__c , zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c , zqu__RatePlanCharge_ZuoraId__c,zqu__isMigrated__c from zqu__QuoteCharge__c where zqu__isMigrated__c = false and zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c = null

3) The number of records returned from the below query are the ones that should ideally get migrated.

Select Id , zqu__TimeProductAdded__c , zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c , zqu__RatePlanCharge_ZuoraId__c,zqu__isMigrated__c from zqu__QuoteCharge__c where zqu__isMigrated__c = false and zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c != null

But, among the above records, if zqu__TimeProductAdded__c:

a. Is set to a Timestamp, then the migration needs to be run.
b. Is set to a Quote Rate Plan id (you can just verify that it's 15 or 18 chars), then it was created after Quotes 6.5x or later was installed (can happen if Quote Configuration setting "Store Data in Quote Charge" is enabled)

4) If all look as expected from point 3 above but still for Some quote charge records, though no error is thrown and those are just not being migrated, please make sure the zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c associated to the QC records are valid and do have matching Product Rate Plan Charge records in Salesforce. In many instances it has been noticed that there are no matching PRPC records in salesforce.
This could have happened if the sync had not been run, or the charges were deleted, or the Zuora tenant was switched.
This is more common in sanbox environment.
All of the quote charges expected to be migrated refer to these product rate plan charges.

5) If all look ok above and still migration script is not working as expected, please file a Ticket with Zuora Global Support.

Debug log might need to be turned on from Subscriber console to review the issue further

Savvy Scholar

Restricted picklists on the quote rate plan charge object will prevent quote rate plan charges from being migrated and there will be no error message explaining the error. Make sure you turn off restrictions on quote rate plan charge picklists before running the migration.

Support SME

Thank you @Ben- for sharing your finding. I know you had faced this issue during your upgrade this past weekend.