Happy Business Starts Here

Quote preview fails with Tax Calculation Error when a full contact address is not supplied.

Honor Student

Quote preview fails with Tax Calculation Error when a full contact address is not supplied.

When we quote new customers with Zuora CPQ we don't always have a full valid US address, and this is causing our quote preview to fail. Our requirement is to display the quote metrics, and prepare a customer facing document. Our intention is not to send this early quote to Zuora to be billed. We do not expect to see the Total, however we do want to see TCV and MRR. 

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support

Re: Quote preview fails with Tax Calculation Error when a full contact address is not supplied.

@GabeEnglehart You can use the field Invoice Target Date here. I set the Invoice Target Date to a day less than the Start Date of the Subscription. This way the subscription is not yet active hence no Invoice Metrics will be calculated.

Please test this and let me know if this helps.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Honor Student

Re: Quote preview fails with Tax Calculation Error when a full contact address is not supplied.

Thanks Jyoti, we'll give that a try and see what happens. 

Hello Jyoti,

I believe that does not work still. 

Setting the Invoice target date to an earlier date than the Start Date, but the api call is still the Preview call to Zuora. 

We still see this error - Taxation Requirement: State is required for Sold To Contact if the country is United States or Canada.;

Can you confirm if you dont see this on your tenant?

Zuora Support

Apologies for confusion around the issue/requirement here. The error further clarifies the scenario. This is a valid error as for US/Cannada, you need to provide state. You can test the same directly in Zuora UI as well.

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 22.37.28.png

Related KC article:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Contact

If using Z-Tax, be aware that if the country is USA or Canada, Z-Tax requires a state or province in the sold-to contact to calculate tax

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √