Product Selector - Hiding Features - Salesforce

bbond Honor Student

Honor Student

Honor Student

Product Selector - Hiding Features - Salesforce

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

The 'newer' product selector in SFDC has a feature column when selecting plans.  Unfortuantley if you have a lot of features, the selector is basically unuseable due to excessive scrolling.  Has anyone found a way to hide the feature list in SFDC? I reached out to support and they stated that its not configurable so I'm looking for some work around.

I've deleted the feature names and plan name but you can see the long list of bullet points. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.59.40 PM.png

I can't turn off features as it is fundemental to how the product is provisioned for the users, so it really is just a ui "hide"

MaggieL Guru

Guru

Guru

Re: Product Selector - Hiding Features - Salesforce

We got around this by not using ProductFeatures but just Features.

The Product Features default to on when you select a product and you have to remove the ones you do not want.  We did not want that. Along with the scrolling issue we did not want to mix our features into one list where it was not clear how to choose them. So with our method when we display products on the quote they do not show any features initially.  Once they have Features added to a product they will show in the selector but only the ones they are purchasing.  The reps do not add and remove feratures here.

What we did is as follows:

So I added a custom field to the Feature table labeled Type.  The Type is like a picklist that groups features into categories. So we may have a Feature Types such as Fruit, Vegetables, etc

On the product table we have one custom boolean field for each Type.

Feature Name Feature Type

------------------------------------

Apple               Fruit

Banana            Fruit

Corn                 Vegetable

Peas                 Vegetable

Pink                  Color

Green               Color

Product Name     Fruit     Vegetable     Color

-----------------------------------------------------------

Grocery App      true        true             false

Clothing App      false      false            true

We have a custom visual force page we added to the quote wizard called 'Select Features'

After the sales rep Selects Products and hit next they are shown a list of products that were selected where one of the boolean values is true.

If the product purchased has false for all of the values then this feature page is skipped.

On the Select Features page when the sales rep selects a product - such as Grocery App then the page will show them

a list of the feature types they can choose from with a list of options (checkboxes)

Grocery App

Fruit

• Apple
  • Banana

Vegetable

• Corn
  • Peas

I also created a Custom Metadata object that defines the Feature Type and denotes if it is required that at least one feature of this type needs to be added in order to make the sale or if it is optional, etc

I dynamically build the Select Feature page and queries using the convention that the Product Boolean is named the same as a Feature Type.

I also have a separate quote sale validator that runs asynchronously to mark whether the quote is missing any features. The quote can not be approved or sold until the sales rep has configured all of the requirements.

We also have developed an heirarchy of features within a type such that nesting can occur. So Feature North America would have Canada, US and Mexico features underneath with each of those broken into more features with smaller granularity.

There is more but this should give you an idea of how we use the Features in Zuora.

Maggie Longshore
doyeli Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Thank you @MaggieL. I know one of our customers could implement CSS code  to hide the features list.

<style>#bundleProductTable td.middleColumn li{display: none;}</style>

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

MaggieL Guru

Guru

Guru

@doyeli Is this css to hide the features (+ sign) in the product selector box?  I would only want to disable the editing of the list - we still would want to view it.

I also don't know how I would add the css to the managed component without wrapping it in a new component - is that what the other customer did?

Maggie Longshore
doyeli Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Hi @Maggie I will try to collect more detail  from the Services engineer who was part of this customer implementation and post an update here in this thread.

Thank you

Doyeli

bbond Honor Student

Honor Student

Honor Student

any update here?

bbond Honor Student

Honor Student

Honor Student

Side note, I was able to add this bit of css in Chrome and it did hide the products.. haven't tried a new vf page yet, that will be next

doyeli Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

HI @Maggie@bbond I am sincerely sorry, still trying to get the detail. Will share as soon as i have more information

Thank you
Doyeli

bbond Honor Student

Honor Student

Honor Student

[ Edited ]

@doyeli I think this is a pretty simple visualforce page in general, the problem is you can't access the SelectBundleProducts Controller..  

The installed managed class zqu.SelectBundleProductsController is not visible.  

<apex:page sidebar="false" tabStyle="zqu__Quote__c" standardController="zqu__Quote__c" extensions="zqu.SelectBundleProductsController">
<style>#bundleProductTable td.middleColumn li{display: none;}</style>
<apex:composition template="zqu__QuoteWizardTemplateNoForm" >
<apex:define name="PageBody" >
<apex:form >
<zqu:ProductBundleGuidedSelling options="{!theOptions}"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:define>
</apex:composition> 
</apex:page>

I think that is all that needs done, but with the selectbundle not being global I'm not sure what to do from here.