Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

How to create new Unit of Measures (UOMs) with Bundling

My organization is using Bundling.  I am unable to create a new UOM in Zuora and sync it to Salesforce (as Product Catalog Sync is disabled in Zuora).  I also try to create a new UOM in Salesforce, but the Product Catalog Sync in Salesforce does not sync it to Zuora neither.  How do I set up a new UOM?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Zuora Support

Re: How to create new Unit of Measures (UOMs) with Bundling

Product Catalog in Salesforce uses zqu__ZUnitOfMeasure__c object which is synced by Product Catalog Sync from Zuora. Since the sync is disabled when bundling is being used, the correct setup is to perform the following steps.

• Create a new UOM in both Zuora and Salesforce
  • Copy the Zuora UOM's Id (when mousing over the UOM's Edit option, you will see the Id)

uom.png

• Paste the Id into Salesforce UOM's Zuora Id field

We realize that this requires manual work and it is inconvenience to users. Our Engineering Team is working on a solution that will allow user to set up new UOM's in Salesforce and Product Catalog Sync will sync them to Zuora.

Partner

Vu:

Thanks, this is helpful.    Once I add the new UOM, I want to edit my Product Rate Plan Charges to use the new UOM instead of what was originall used when the catalog was synced from Zuora to SFDC.    I have tried editing the UOM on the PRPC in SFDC, then ran a sync of the product to Zuora.    The UOM does not update to the changed value.    If I manually set it in both SFDC and Zuora and then sync the product again, the Zuora side reverts back to the original value.

How do I update this so it syncs properly going forward?

Sean Ralph CPA CA
Zuora Support

@sralph I recommend that you create a new product rate plan (PRP) / product rate plan charge (PRPC) with the new UOM instead of changing the UOM of the existing PRPC.  The reason that it is not working may be because the existing PRPC is being used in quotes so it cannot be changed.

Partner

Vu,

I appreciate the recommendation but this looks like a bug to me.  

Is there a loader utility for mass creating/deleting PRPC's in SFDC?  

Sean Ralph CPA CA
Zuora Support

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Data_Loader