Rules - Subscribed 2019 Contests
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS EXIST BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT—READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES A RELEASE FROM YOU, AND A LIMITATION OF CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The "Win a Community VIP Experience at Subscribed San Francisco" (the "Contest") is sponsored by ZUORA Inc., having a corporate address of 3050 S. Delaware St. Suite 301, San Mateo, CA 94403 ("Sponsor"). Entrant's ("your," "you," or "entrant") registration and participation in the Contest shall be governed by the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Ts&Cs"). The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- This Contest is open to all registered users of the Zuora Community, aged 18 or over, or who meet the relevant jurisdiction's minimum age requirement, excluding employees of Sponsor and their immediate families, household members, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Contest. Winner may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and birth date in order to receive a prize.
- “Contest Period” (Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest):
Start: TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2019, 5:00AM Pacific Time (PT)
End: WEDNESDAY, April 24, 2019, 5:00PM Pacific Time (PT)
(in each case, starting at 5:00AM Pacific Time (PT) on the first day, and ending at 5:00PM Pacific Time (PT) on the last day)
- Entry: To enter the Contest, reply to the Zuora Announcement Blog post at https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-Announcements/Win-a-Community-VIP-Experience-at-Subscribed-San-... and submit your entry describing why you think you should be a part of the Subscribed San Francisco VIP Experience.
- By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Ts&Cs.
- By submitting an entry in the Contest, entrant confirms and warrants that his/her entry is original to the entrant and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including all copyright and rights in the nature of copyright, trademarks, and rights of privacy or publicity ("Rights"), in the entry and acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor will own all such Rights. Further, each entrant hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all moral rights that he/she may now or later have to his/her entry. The entrant further warrants and represents that it has all appropriate clearances, permissions, and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in the photograph, location releases for all recognizable locations, and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the photograph. The entrant must be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions, and releases for the entry, and in the event that entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable entry or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor's benefit. The photograph may not feature nudity or obscene language or material that is libelous or defamatory. Each entrant therefore hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns, and conveys to Sponsor and its successors and assigns, all Rights of whatsoever kind in and to the entry for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or later devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable and entrant hereby waives all moral rights in the entry and any similar rights elsewhere in the world. Each entrant hereby acknowledges he/she does not reserve any rights in his/her entry.
- Maximum of one (1) entry into the Contest per person, per household, and per email address.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest. Odds of winning will depend on how many entries are received.
- Prize(s): A total of ten (10) winners will be chosen and will be notified on April 26, 2019. Each winner will win one (1) Full-Access Conference Pass that will give the winner all Standard Conference Pass benefits for the Subscribed 2019 Conference in San Francisco, California, USA June 4-5, 2019. (Please note that this prize does not include any associated costs incurred when attending Subscribed 2019; each individual prize winner is fully responsible for arranging and paying their own travel and accommodation costs.)
- There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for the Prize, and the Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. There will be no refund for unused portions of the Prize. No compensation or alternative to the Prize will be offered due to inability to attend, claim or use the Prize or due to any delay on the part of the winner; provided, however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Ts&Cs.
- Winner Selection: At the end of the Contest Period, three (3) entrants with the posts that are most creative will be selected as the winners. In the case of a tie between two or more entries (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Tied Entries"), one (1) winner will be chosen from those Tied Entries at random. Each selected winner shall be the person whose Zuora Community User Account was used to submit the winning entry into the Contest, and an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) directly to the email and/or mailing address provided by an entrant in his or her entry to the Contest.
- Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted by email after the end of the Contest Period. Each winner will also be required to do the following as qualifying criteria of the Contest that must be met in order to receive the Prize: respond to Sponsor and confirm acceptance of the Prize within five (5) business days after they are notified that s/he won. Except where the prize is time-sensitive, in which case no alternate winner will be drawn, if a winner fails to complete either of the foregoing qualifying criteria, such winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner may be selected, up to three times. Other restrictions may apply, and an entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Contest if he or she fails to comply with any provision of these Ts&Cs, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion.
- Unless prohibited by applicable law, the acceptance of a Prize by a winner constitutes the winner's permission for Sponsor to use the winner's name, address, biographical information, and testimonials for advertising and/or publicity purposes in connection with this Contest only, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, and without further compensation.
- Winner publication: The names of confirmed winners will remain indefinitely in the Community for as long as the respective posts exist.
- Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply.
- Data Protection: Sponsor will only use the personal details you supply for the administration of the Contest and for no other purpose, without your prior consent. Sponsor shall use any personal data in accordance with its Privacy Statement located at, https://www.zuora.com/privacy-statement/.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries, or entries not in accordance with these Ts&Cs, will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or void any entry or Prize award to any entrant who corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest or is otherwise in violation of any law or of these Ts&Cs. This includes, for example, the use of computer 'script,' 'macro,' or 'brute force,' masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means in order to increase entries into the Contest in a manner that is not consistent with the spirit of the Contest.
- If, for the reasons set forth in these Ts&Cs, or other reasons outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, the Contest cannot be run or administered as planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest (subject to any written directions given under applicable law), in which case Sponsor shall post a notice on the Contest entry page to that effect. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest for any reason that Sponsor believes in good faith is fair to the entrants.
- Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs that is beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor and prevents Sponsor from complying with these Ts&Cs, Sponsor will not be liable for any failure to perform or any delay in performing its obligations.
- Participation in the Contest is at entrant's own risk. By receipt of any Prize, the applicable winner agrees to indemnify, release, reimburse, and hold harmless Sponsor and its partners, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, employees, directors, officers, agents, successors, assigns or representatives (collectively, "Releasees") from any liability resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities to the extent permitted by law.
- Releasees do not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind regarding any Prize, including any warranty of fitness or merchantability, or representation with respect to the quality, usefulness, function or operation of the Prize.
- Releasees shall not be liable for any electronic miscommunications or failures, nor technical hardware or software failures of any kind with respect to the Prize or the Contest.
- Entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that entrants may have with respect to the release provisions herein are hereby expressly and forever waived. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS/HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM/HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS/HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
- Entrants and winners have been given a full opportunity to review and analyze these Ts&Cs, and fully and completely understand all of the terms of these Ts&Cs. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that no action will be taken by or on behalf of any entrants or winners with respect to any such claims or rights, it being understood that this release shall be binding upon all entrants' and winners’ heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through entrants or winners.
- This Contest is governed by U.S. federal and California state law without regard to any conflicts of laws provisions. By participating in this Contest, entrants hereby irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts (as applicable) of San Francisco, California, USA for any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and/or any Prize.
Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne