Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

Why does ScheduledJobUser keep updating my subscriptions / accounts?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Why does ScheduledJobUser keep updating my subscriptions / accounts?

Scenario:

Subscriptions / accounts are getting updated by ScheduledJobUser . This translates to userId=3 when checking the UpdatedBy field for the subscription / account record via an API query or a report/export.

Solution:

ScheduledJobUser is a background process responsible for performing automated operations, such as the following:

1. Removing unused payment methods from customer accounts (this is a PCI compliance requirement). There are two conditions for an electronic payment method to be removed by this user:

• The account has no active subscription for the last 6 months.
  • The payment method has not been used for the last 6 months.

2. Renewing subscriptions automatically

• If you set Auto Renew to Yes, the subscription automatically renews when the subscription's initial term comes to an end. Autorenewals are triggered by an automatically generated renewal amendment, created by ScheduledJobUser. The amendment is created by Z-Billing on the first day of the next renewal term at 2:00 am PST.

If you'd like to check all the objects updated by this user, you can create the following Data Export (I am using the Subscription data source in my example):

scheduledjobuser.JPG

Supporting references:

http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/G_Subscriptions/B_Creating_Subscriptions/C_Renewing_Subs...

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn