Happy Business Starts Here

[Avalara Integration] Cannot Post Invoice with Internal System Error

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

[Avalara Integration] Cannot Post Invoice with Internal System Error

With Avalara Integration, some invoices are being posted via bill run but a small subset of invoices are being left in Draft status and when being manually posted, an internal system error is popping up which prevents you from posting the invoice.

avalara1.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: [Avalara Integration] Cannot Post Invoice with Internal System Error

Issue: With Avalara Integration, some invoices are being posted via bill run but a small subset of invoices are being left in Draft status and when being manually posted, an internal system error is popping up which prevents you from posting the invoice.

With the tracking number indicated on the error, our log with indicates the real error stating

The Avalara get tax call returns error result: DocStatus is invalid for this operation. Expected Saved|Posted;

and referencing on Avalara's Q&A forum, 'This error occurs when you are trying to post a transaction that has the same docCode as a transaction that already exists in your admin console. You can search the transactions window of the admin console for the docCode/invoice number to find the pre-existing transaction'.

Therefore, what you need to do is:

1. Login to Avalara Console.

2. Click on Transactions > choose the Company you uses for the integration and under Doc Code, input the invoice number that is having the error.

avalara2.png

The error is due to the identical invoice number (Doc Code) that is using the same Avalara Company Code. This is why it's not advisable to use same Avalara Company Code on Zuora environments.

avalara3.png

avalara4.png

Workaround:

You can only void the Doc Code in Avalara GUI and to delete it, you need to perform the deletion via API. Kindly work with your Avalara contact on how to perform that process and once its deleted on Avalara side, then you should be able to post the new invoice in Zuora without any issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: [Avalara Integration] Cannot Post Invoice with Internal System Error

Issue: With Avalara Integration, some invoices are being posted via bill run but a small subset of invoices are being left in Draft status and when being manually posted, an internal system error is popping up which prevents you from posting the invoice.

With the tracking number indicated on the error, our log with indicates the real error stating

The Avalara get tax call returns error result: DocStatus is invalid for this operation. Expected Saved|Posted;

and referencing on Avalara's Q&A forum, 'This error occurs when you are trying to post a transaction that has the same docCode as a transaction that already exists in your admin console. You can search the transactions window of the admin console for the docCode/invoice number to find the pre-existing transaction'.

Therefore, what you need to do is:

1. Login to Avalara Console.

2. Click on Transactions > choose the Company you uses for the integration and under Doc Code, input the invoice number that is having the error.

avalara2.png

The error is due to the identical invoice number (Doc Code) that is using the same Avalara Company Code. This is why it's not advisable to use same Avalara Company Code on Zuora environments.

avalara3.png

avalara4.png

Workaround:

You can only void the Doc Code in Avalara GUI and to delete it, you need to perform the deletion via API. Kindly work with your Avalara contact on how to perform that process and once its deleted on Avalara side, then you should be able to post the new invoice in Zuora without any issue.

View solution in original post