Happy Business Starts Here

SCA Payment Recovery Process

Savvy Scholar

SCA Payment Recovery Process

Hi
I am interested to understand in Zuora's SCA implementation, how they are handling the recovery process as I cannot see that in the docs. We use Stripe with Zuora. 

i.e. the point where, during the rolling monthly billing engagement, the customer's bank decides to re-authenticate the regular transaction. "Salim gets an email from the utility company with a bill for £91 and clicks the link."

can I just confirm that with using Stripe + ZU Hosted Payment Pages, you are providing the recovery process or is there additional work to do on our side?

thanks
peter
4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Staff

Re: SCA Payment Recovery Process

The flow for the recovery process with Zuora will be similar to the flow provided in the link to the Stripe process.

An email can be triggered via the Zuora Notifications for payment declines that: 
1. instructs the customer how to update their card details via a "manage my account" page
  OR
2. provides a link that directs them to a landing page where updated card details can be entered against the customer account.  This option may require effort on your part to build the URL and landing page.   

Any new or updated card that is entered into the Zuora HPM v2.0 may be challenged by the SCA process, depending on the customer order details.

Regards, 
Renaldo
Savvy Scholar

Thanks - so to be clear, if using HPM v2, is there any plan or intention by Zuora to deliver a hosted re-authentication page? 

On Notifications - Will there be a seperate notification for re-auth, or will it be mixed in with all the other patyment declined reasons?

Zuora Staff

The flow for the recovery process with Zuora will be similar to the flow provided in the link to the Stripe process. An email can be triggered via the Zuora Notifications for payment declines that:

• 1. instructs the customer how to update their card details via a "manage my account" page

OR

• 2. provides a link that directs them to a landing page where updated card details can be entered agains the customer account. This option may require effort on your part to build the URL and landing page.

Any new or updated card that is entered into the Zuora HPM v2.0 may be challenged by the SCA process, depending on the customer order details.

Savvy Scholar

Will there be a seperate notification for a specific re-authentication request, rather than the usual payment decline notification?