Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

ZC-Member Spotlight

Get to know some of your fellow Community members who often chime in on posts, share useful templates and scripts and are all around superstars here in the Zuora Community.

Bo Laurent

Bo Laurent

USERNAME:

@bolaurent

FAVORITE AREA:

API forum

JOB TITLE & COMPANY:

CRM Business Partner at Canonical. Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading operating system for IOT and the cloud.

SOME OF BO'S CONTRIBUTIONS:

Check out more of Bo’s community contributions here.

Q&A WITH BO LAURENT

What’s a typical work day like for you?

Up at 6AM. Meditate. Walk dog. Video conference meetings with colleagues in Boston and London start 8AM or so (I am in California). Meetings all morning, gym at 10:30, then a quiet afternoon to work on Salesforce and Zuora admin and development.

How did you get started in your current field/industry?

Salesforce.com donated licenses to the nonprofit I had founded (http://isna.org/).

What do you like to do for fun in your spare time?

Road cycling (I rode around Lake Tahoe last summer), watching and reading Japanese media to keep up my fluency, cooking.

Lake Tahoe

Why do you participate in the community?

I need help with challenges, and the community is a great way to get that. Whenever I visit to ask for help I make sure to look over new posts and answer a few questions if I am able.

Have any advice/tips for members who are new to the Community?

Jump in and answer questions! It makes the community more useful for everyone.

1 Comment
Master
@bolaurent I am always helped by your Post. I recently started using Python. I will try using the code you uploaded to Github!