Happy Business Starts Here

Why I didn't get the error "Only the most recent invoice for an account can be unposted" when canceling the earliest Invoice?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Why I didn't get the error "Only the most recent invoice for an account can be unposted" when canceling the earliest Invoice?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Why I didn't get the error "Only the most recent invoice for an account can be unposted" when canceling the earliest Invoice?

Question or Problem Statement:

I have created three invoices INV00000006,INV00000007, INV00000008 under one Account in the our Sandbox and posted them. After that, when I tried to "Cancel post" the invoice INV00000006, I'm able to cancel post it successfully, why I didn't get the error "Only the most recent invoice for an account can be unposted".

Solution:

There are three Subscriptions A-S00000006, A-S00000007, A-S00000008, the option of Invoice The Subscription Separately has been checked for all those three Subscriptions too.

Therefore, the 3 Invoices generated (INV00000006,INV00000007, INV00000008) only contains one Subscription in each one of them. In this case, any one of the Invoices can be cancel posted as long as there is no transaction (Payment, Refund, Adjustment) associated to it.

The validation of the most recent Invoice is actually performed at Charge level instead of checking Invoice number. The most recent Invoice should be understood as the Invoice with Charges that were most recently billed. For example, if a Charge has been billed for its 1st period in Invoice A which has been posted, then it was billed again for 2nd billing period in Invoice B, then you will only be able to cancel Invoice B instead of Invoice A, because it is the most recent Invoice which billed this Charge.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Why I didn't get the error "Only the most recent invoice for an account can be unposted" when canceling the earliest Invoice?

Question or Problem Statement:

I have created three invoices INV00000006,INV00000007, INV00000008 under one Account in the our Sandbox and posted them. After that, when I tried to "Cancel post" the invoice INV00000006, I'm able to cancel post it successfully, why I didn't get the error "Only the most recent invoice for an account can be unposted".

Solution:

There are three Subscriptions A-S00000006, A-S00000007, A-S00000008, the option of Invoice The Subscription Separately has been checked for all those three Subscriptions too.

Therefore, the 3 Invoices generated (INV00000006,INV00000007, INV00000008) only contains one Subscription in each one of them. In this case, any one of the Invoices can be cancel posted as long as there is no transaction (Payment, Refund, Adjustment) associated to it.

The validation of the most recent Invoice is actually performed at Charge level instead of checking Invoice number. The most recent Invoice should be understood as the Invoice with Charges that were most recently billed. For example, if a Charge has been billed for its 1st period in Invoice A which has been posted, then it was billed again for 2nd billing period in Invoice B, then you will only be able to cancel Invoice B instead of Invoice A, because it is the most recent Invoice which billed this Charge.

View solution in original post