Happy Business Starts Here

Randomize Invoice Numbers

Highlighted
Support SME

Randomize Invoice Numbers

It looks like invoice numbers are generated sequentially. Our org would like to avoid revealing how many invoices we are issuing to our customers. How can we accomplish this in Zuora?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Randomize Invoice Numbers

You can use Prefix and Starting Document Number to set the number of the next document to be generated by Zuora. When you change the prefix or starting document number, Zuora does not modify the document numbers of previously generated documents.

For your use-case, the invoice number will still generate sequentially but you can change the "Starting Document Number" to a 'more complex' starting number to make it less revealing. This document number can also be changed at anytime if you choose to keep your numbering elusive.

Navigation: Click your username at the top right and navigate to Billing > Manage Billing Document Configuration, then select the Prefix & Numbering tab.

Zuora 2017-11-02 at 12.39.47 PM.png

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/Billing_Settings/Prefix_and_Numbering_Configuration_for...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Randomize Invoice Numbers

You can use Prefix and Starting Document Number to set the number of the next document to be generated by Zuora. When you change the prefix or starting document number, Zuora does not modify the document numbers of previously generated documents.

For your use-case, the invoice number will still generate sequentially but you can change the "Starting Document Number" to a 'more complex' starting number to make it less revealing. This document number can also be changed at anytime if you choose to keep your numbering elusive.

Navigation: Click your username at the top right and navigate to Billing > Manage Billing Document Configuration, then select the Prefix & Numbering tab.

Zuora 2017-11-02 at 12.39.47 PM.png

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/Billing_Settings/Prefix_and_Numbering_Configuration_for...

View solution in original post