Happy Business Starts Here

Master

One Time Charge on on an account with a Discount

I have a customer with a subscription that has a % subscription level discount.  Is there a way to apply a one-time charge on a different rate plan that doesn't get the subscription level discount?  

Use Case:

My customer has a subscription with a 20% discount.  He has requested Training, which is a product we offer with a different rate plan.  I want to provide my customer with the training he's requested, but at the full price on the rate plan...not with the 20% discount that is on the subscription level. Is it possible to do this one-time charge on his account without the 20% discount being applied?

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: One Time Charge on on an account with a Discount

Hi @hdeschamps , if you have a subscription-level discount, you can't exclude a single charge from that.

When you're setting up the discount charge, you can actually limit the availability of the discount using the Apply Discount To field , so it can exclude one-time charges.

disc.JPG

Of course, this only solves your problem if you don't have any other one-time charges on the subscription.

Alternatively, you can create a second subscription under the same account with that one-time charge added.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √