For many companies, payment operations and AR management can be a cumbersome, lengthy, and error-prone process. The reason comes down to the manual attention and time it takes to effectively “settle” invoices.
For example, sometimes you might need to:
- Apply a single customer payment across multiple invoices over different periods of service
- Reapply a previously applied payment from a closed accounting period to a new invoice
- Manually divide an overpayment and figure out how to accurately allocate the cash
Each of these use cases is specific in its own way. For many finance teams, the only system “flexible enough” to handle each one of these one-offs is the handy dandy Microsoft Excel. However, that means AR data is limited and siloed in multiple sources – it will be almost impossible to scale as a company grows.
That’s why we’re excited to add 3 new features to Zuora Billing’s Invoice Settlement capabilities this Spring.
In addition to invoicing, payment operations, and collections, we are adding 3 new capabilities that take invoice settlement in Zuora to the next level:
- Unapplied Payments
- Customers can now create payments for unknown billing accounts, overpaid invoices, or unbilled transactions
- Gain full traceability of any payment back to the original transaction
- Credit / Debit Memos
- Customers can now create credit and debit memos in Zuora and gain greater flexibility to adjust and manage customer balances
- This also reduces the complexity to integrate with an existing General Ledger
- Invoice Item Settlement
- Customers can now apply payments, credit memos, and refunds at the invoice-item level (see demo below).
- This gives customers much more detailed tracking for how outstanding balances are settled across each billed item
We’re excited to announce these new capabilities as part of the Spring ‘18 launch.
Got questions? Post them here!
Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne