Happy Business Starts Here

How do I resolve a failed timestamp difference check on a Hosted Payment iFrame page?

Highlighted
Community Manager

How do I resolve a failed timestamp difference check on a Hosted Payment iFrame page?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How do I resolve a failed timestamp difference check on a Hosted Payment iFrame page?

Problem Statement

I am receiving a failed timestamp difference check on a Hosted Payment iFrame page. For example, difference check failed: timestamp: 1401985662765, current: 1401985482758.

Solution

1. Generate the timestamps on the server rather than the client system
  2. If the timestamps are generated on the server and the issue still persists, please verify that the time setup is correct on the server.

Supporting References
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/G_Hosted_Commerce_Pages/C_Hosted_Payment_Pages/B_Imple...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How do I resolve a failed timestamp difference check on a Hosted Payment iFrame page?

Problem Statement

I am receiving a failed timestamp difference check on a Hosted Payment iFrame page. For example, difference check failed: timestamp: 1401985662765, current: 1401985482758.

Solution

1. Generate the timestamps on the server rather than the client system
  2. If the timestamps are generated on the server and the issue still persists, please verify that the time setup is correct on the server.

Supporting References
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/G_Hosted_Commerce_Pages/C_Hosted_Payment_Pages/B_Imple...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

This can also happen when the server time from (your) local server's time becomes notably different from Zuora.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
New Student

Follow up question on this topic.  We've moved our timestamp generation to the server side and verified that our server times are accurate but we still get these occassionally.  What is the maximum acceptable time difference before this error will occur.

My understanding is that we generate this timestamp for the iframe url but if the user sits on the billing page for awhile, the time between when the timestamp is generated and when the billing form is submitted could be big.

Thanks