Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

How do I create a negative invoice?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Staff

Re: How do I create a negative invoice?

To create a negative invoice, you will have to create a rate plan in the product catalog, but instead of putting a charged amount in the box when creating the rate plan, you will create a negative amount. You will then create the subscription on the customers account or if the customer has a subscription, you will process an amendment to add the product with the negative charge. If you are creating the negative invoice be recurring, you need to create this in the recurring charge in the product catalog rate plan charge, if this is one time credit, you need to process this as a one time charge.

After the subscription is created, then you will need to process a bill run so that it picks up the negative charge and creates a negative invoice on the customers account. After you post this invoice to the customers account, you can then click into the customers invoice and click on the more button, then click on transfer to credit balance link.
This will transfer the credit to the customers account level and zero out the invoice.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/G_Credit_Balances/A_Creating_Credit_Balances#Creating_a...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √