Happy Business Starts Here

Student

Combining usage between multiple UOM for Volume pricing

My organization has a need to sum up the usage between different Units of Measure to compute a volume price. For simplicity, let's say we sell apples for $1.00/APPLE and bananas for $0.80/BANANA. If a customer orders only a few apples and bananas each month, we would invoice them at a normal per unit price (i.e. Invoiced Amount = [APPLES x $1.00/APPLE] + [BANANAS x $0.80/BANANA]). Our system is currently set up to send usage based on independent units of measure for APPLES and BANANAS.

Additionally, we have customers who qualify volume pricing on our fruit. In this case, we don't care how many individual APPLES or BANANAS they order. Rather, to qualify for volume pricing, they must purchase 100 pieces of fruit each month. It does not matter if they purchase 100 APPLES, 100 BANANAS, 50 APPLES and 50 BANANAS, or any other combination thereof as long as the total pieces of fruit equals or exceeds 100.

I know how to set up volume pricing for APPLES and BANANAS individually, but is there an easy way to set up a charge in Zuora to correctly calculate volume pricing based on the above scenario, assuming we would be unable to implement any changes to how our usage file is created?

3 REPLIES 3
Student

Re: Combining usage between multiple UOM for Volume pricing

BUMP

Anyone have any ideas? Would really help us avoid having to manually edit our usage file each month!

Zuora Engineering

It's kind of new price model that we don't support now. It's called Multiple UOM use cases.

For now, the workaround is like below:

• You set up product rate plan charge with UOM FRUIT, charge model as Volume.
  • The customer subscribed to the usage chage with UOM FRUIT
  • When you upload the usage, you need to convert the usage from APPLE OR BANARA to FRUIT
Student

Thank you for your response! We'll reconsider our process to account for this.