Happy Business Starts Here

Beyond the filters how does Zuora decide which customers to process in a bill run?

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Beyond the filters how does Zuora decide which customers to process in a bill run?

How does Zuora decide which accounts to process in a bill run?  There are obviously the filters that can be applied when creating the ad hoc bill run, but let's say we select Multiple Custers, All Batches, All Bill Cycle Days (Effectively every customer) then execute the bill run. 

Which accounts would show up in the "Selected Customers" aka the Total Customers Processed count?

I ask because we recently did a migration of our historical data and upon running the first bill run (with target date today) for all customers it processed all 17,000 or so accounts.  When I did a second bill run dating back to 1/1/2012 (at which point we had no customers) it processed 5 customers all of which had been created in the last day (no invoices were generated).  When I executed a 3rd bill run immediately after 0 customers were processed.  These results seem confusing as I would expect all 17,000 customers to be "processed" each time.

thanks for your help and reply!

Nick
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Beyond the filters how does Zuora decide which customers to process in a bill run?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for contacting Zuora Support. 

The target date is used to determine which charges to bill. All charges to bill as of or prior to the target date are included in the bill run. Z-Billing automatically keeps track of all charges that need to be billed and that have not been billed prior to the target date.

I can see you have concerns regarding the accounts picked in your bill run, could you please let me know the account numbers and I can have a further look on the behaviour of same.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √